Wednesday 31 January 2007

Wed 31 Jan 07, a big day


Today I started off nice and early, still leg weary, still have sore heel and still trying to work hard. This morning in the gym just after 7am for 45 minutes, most of my work was on the swiss ball, chest, core, and a touch of shoulders, back (upper & lower) and arms, as normal all very light weights with lots of reps and only 20 sec between sets.


Today at lunch I meet up with David T on St Kilda Rd, from there we ran a lap of Albert Park, then back to St Kilda Rd and up Domain Rd where we went our seperate ways. Most of the run was at 13.5kph, an enjoyable run, with bugger all wind and lots of sunshine, but a set of weary legs that couldn't maintain any real pace. All up 9.5km run.

6pm tonight I jogged from work to Fed Square for the S2F training group, as per normal I was with the 10k group. Tonight the other Run Leader with the 10k group was much faster than me, so I encouraged him to take the lead and I sat back and chatted with the back of the pack ladies and encouraged. Tonight's run was up and around the Docklands, nice area, but a lot of concrete and I didn't think much of the course, all up we ran 10.9km. With the 3k there and back and the training run and lunchtime, I clocked 23-24km for the day with a gym session, no wonder I was starving and now I am sitting here hungry again and wearing my Skins (please recover legs....).

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Huge day Stu. Hope the Skins help.

So what's with the sore heel? Not PF I hope. Have you been doing some massage?

Spark Driver said...

All that running in one day is huge! You are entitled to feel a little sore.

Ewen said...

Big day Stu. Not much recovery time between sessions.

I'll be interested to see how much you think the Skins help with recovery after a month or so of using them.

Jen said...

Sorry I haven't dropped by in so long Stu. What a huge day - no wonder you are tired!!

Anonymous said...

I would have to be hospitalised if I attempted that kind of running in one day :)

Hope the skins help with recovery.