Wednesday 17 January 2007

Wed 17 Jan 06, stretching & a gym session

What a hot night it was last night, at midnight it was still over 30 degrees and this morning at 9am it was 31 degrees, but finally somewhere between 10 & 11 it started to cool down to 25 degrees.

I really felt like going for a 60 min run today as it was my last Wednesday off before returning to work next week, but I would like to freshen up for tomorrow's race where I am aiming for sub 11 (first time for the season), so I didn't. Instead I went to the gym and spent 15 minutes on the stationary bike rolling the legs around and then a short easy session of chest & back, finishing up with 15 minutes of leg stretching.

As this was a bit of a 'nothing' post I thought I would add my Triple J Hottest 100 Votes for 2006, a hard job trying to remember what tickled the fancy this year and as I don't remember names of songs very well it is even harder. Anyway after going up & down the long list of artists and the name of their songs I came up with:

Boca 45 - Down To Mexico
Dresden Dolls - Dirty Business
Dresden Dolls - Sing
Frenzal Rhomb - Fuck You & Your Stupid Band
Hilltop Hoods - Clown Prince
Lily Allen - Smile
MC Lars - Download This Song
Sarah Blasko - Explain
Vines - Don't Listen To The Radio
Vines - F**K Yeah

For those who are JJJ listeners many of these songs you will know but for those who listen to ad ridden stations you will probably only know one or two. I listened to the Breakfast Show for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised to hear that my favorite has joined Jay & the Doctor, Myf Warhurst........... there is something about Myf that I find very interesting & attracted too.

6 comments:

Tesso said...

Toasty (CR iliketoast) and I have a comp every year to see who can pick the most songs in the triplej top 10 (of the top 100). Its fun trying to pick songs that aren't in your own top 10.

Myf is great. Just about every man I know thinks the same as you :-)

Anonymous said...

I am still trying to narrow down my 10, better get a wriggle on, Sing is in there, bugger it, better get on tonight. I always forget the names too, must be old age.

Myf, I am a girl and I can see the attraction, gorgeous smile and laugh, lovely eyes and a great personality, perfect addition to the breakfast show.

See you tomorrow and if you don't do what I say there will be trouble!

Anonymous said...

I can't comment on any songs from JJJ as I'm either an AW listener or 104.3 Gold FM (okay, I'm living in the past).

Kathryn said...

We used to always have betting on the JJJ hottest 100. I haven't listened to it for a few years though.

miners said...

nice selection there Stu - and like yourself, I found trawling through the Top 100 list REALLY hard to do. you'd finally get one song name tweak, get that in your head, then couldn't remember anything else!

Myf is my hero :)

Anonymous said...

Have to agree on the Myf thing, there is just something about her. I love watching Spicks and Specks - it's a great show, but even better because she's on it.