Thursday 11 January 2007

Thu 11 Jan 07, 10 x 200 track session

After my extremely warm run yesterday, this morning I woke feeling a little drained, but was that from yesterday or just from a big week or a few kms???

I arrived at the track at 5pm tonight and took off with Adam K. for three laps of the complex for a warm up, then some stretching and change of shoes (DS Racers) and we were ready for 10 x 200 @ 35-36ish, Adam would be going slightly faster on each rep. Adam is transferring from Sth Melb to Western A's in the new season (07/08), which will be great for us, he is slightly faster than me in the races 10k and less and then we are even until 15ish, where I start to move ahead. But in the short reps, he has one mighty 'kick'!!!

Starting on the traditional 200m start line we experienced a strong breeze for the first 50-70m, the plan was to do our rep, then float 200m and then go again, but we ended up including a little bit of walking.

Splits (recovery):
34.6 (float 200)
36.6 (float 200)
37.2 (float 200)
35.9 (float 200)
34.8 (walk 200)
35.3 (walk 50, float 150)
36.1 (walk 50, float 150)
36.8 (walk 200)
34.8 (walk 100, float 100)
31.8

Finished off with two slow laps of the complex for our cool down. Afterwards I caught up with Burkie, he has just returned from hiking Cradle Mountain, straight away he asked what I am have been upto as the first 2-3 reps were average, he said I looked like I was struggling... aren't coaches amazing, no watch, just eyes!

Rest tomorrow, racing Sat in Shield competition. Not expecting much, after this weeks work, but I will race the 800m and a relay (4 x 200, if required) and then off to an afternoon session of Little A's. Long run (90 minutes) at the You Yangs on Sunday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your You Yangs Stu!

Vicky said...

That heat would definately do me in Stu. Hope the weekends events go well and its a litte cooler for you.

Just noticed that you're an Aries like me! And you're a sheep whats more! I'm a rat - gross!
Are our birthdays close together?
I'm April 12th...

MAR.

Anonymous said...

I love how intuitive TC is, what he picks up on constantly amazes me.

Ewen said...

I hope you get the burning throat and coughing after the 8 Stu - then you know you've run well.

My interval goal now is to run just one 200 in 37.2!