Tuesday 2 January 2007

Tue 02 Jan 07, a run in Hoppers & on the Fed Trail

Out on the roads nice and early today, just after 6.30am. Last night I agreed to meet with Clare, from Western A's, she was going for a 40 minute run and wanted some company, so we decided a run on the Federation Trail, meeting at Ballan Holden at 7am.

I decided I would run for approx 25 minutes before meeting Clare, so I made my way around to the meeting place via the long way, averaging 4.30ish pace according to my Garmin. From Ballan Holden we made our way along the Trail in the Laverton direction, with the intent of cruising along for 20ish minutes and then return. After 15 min it was suggested that we may be running slightly too fast and it could affect the final 10 minutes.

According to Weatherzone it was only 17 degrees but I was drenched in sweat and thought it was warmer. An enjoyable run with Clare and then I made my way home in a more direct route, finishing the final 15 minutes at 4:15 pace and the final km in 3:55.

All up 1h 21ish and just short of 16km for me. Finished off with a bunch of pushups & some situps and then stretched (esp calves & achilles) for 10 minutes or so.

No comments: