Wednesday 10 January 2007

Wed 10 Jan 07, a run to Riverbend Reserve

Tonight I was going for a run and meeting a friend at Riverbend at 5pm, but she rang to let me know she wasn't feeling 100% and with the heat would I like to postpone until 8pm, which sounded a good idea as it was 37.5 degrees at 4pm.

I left my place at 7:30 and according to the Weather Channel it was still 35 degrees, so just wearing shorts & my garmin I took off ensuring I stay between 4:50 & 5:05. I got just over 2.5km and stopped at a servo for a quick drink of water and then continued on to Riverbend. I arrived in the car park (4.4km) and I still had a few minutes to waste so I thought I would run upto 5k and then turn back to the car park.

I waited for a few five minutes, no running partner, so I made my way home, averaging 4:45 for the home trip. Again I stopped at the servo and had a drink, washed my faced and wet my hair. A 10k run in horrible conditions, it was 34 degrees at 8:30pm..... not good.

6 comments:

Tesso said...

I'm a Queenslander and I don't know how anyone can run in that heat! You guys are definitely getting a raw deal this summer.

Kathryn said...

I've been caught out a few times, thinking I'd wait until the weather cooled down at night - but it just doesn't!

Celeste said...

I'm into the habit of running in the mornings now! It makes it slightly more bearable. You easterners have been spoilt for too long with your beautiful weather - but it does suck when the heat just doesn't go away!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how about that, you being in the header photo in my blog. Which "miracle" are you under (the word appears twice), and what are you wearing?
Andrew

Ewen said...

We've got high 30s here today Stu - I'm not liking it.

Those 600s the other day sounded tough!

Anonymous said...

Phew, so glad I got up a 5 to run yesterday!