Wednesday 24 January 2007

Wed 24 Jan 06, the Tan, gym & S2F training group


I arrived in the city at 5:40 this morning, parked my car and then ran two slow laps of the Tan as a recovery. The first lap was 19:30 and the second lap was 19:10, as I said, slow laps. I then went to the gym and had a good session, working chest, a little bit of shoulders & back, again the majority done on the fitball. Today all of my reps were 15, 3 exercises in each set with 30 second between groups. Then 50 lunges on each leg and 50 squats, just with 5kg hand weights on both side, finishing with a bit of ab work. At my desk just after 7:40am, not a bad start to the day.

PM: Tonight was my first S2F training run, I looked after the 10k group, we ran approx 5 min pace, which was slightly faster than normal but the group were easily able to do this. With a 10 min run prior to the group and then running back to my car I travelled just short of 14km for the evening.

Tue 23 Jan 07, I wasn't in the mood for it but I made my way to Coburg after work for the Shield Round 9 meet. On arrival at the track I changed and then dropped my work clothes into my car and took off for a 15 minute warm up and then 10 min of stretching and then made my way over to the 1500m starting area. I was in the 4th heat, which was made up of 4:45 to 5:15 runners, 16 runners. As i wasn't feeling the fit or ready I guessed I would run between 5:05 - 10, which was nearly right. The first lap was 80 and the second lap 80, I didn't hear anymore splits after that, but I must have slowed down, finishing 14th in 5:10.14.

I finished off the night with a 12 min cool down with ads and then stretched and made my way home. Feeling fairly ordinary, legs tired and I just wasn't mentally right for the race or to be around others.

4 comments:

Crissyjt said...

first time back in a while for me and it's nice to see your entries are back to normal.
You seem to be going along quite nicely.
As for Myf, was wondering why you seem to be so taken by her? ;-)

I feel terrible.... i love JJJ and i forgot to vote!

Clairie said...

Hi Stu,

Hope you have a great long weekend.

Vicky said...

Having to get back into the work routine is always a bit of a struggle Stu and can play havoc with the head...

All of your core work has me feeling guilty - got to get back into it myself.

Run strong. MAR.

Ewen said...

You'll get it back together Stu. Hang in there.