Monday 8 January 2007

Mon 08 Jan 07, a local run in Hoppers

Out the door at 6:05, the coolest morning in quite a while, 12.5 degrees, overcast & whilst running a few light showers. Clothes, singlet, shorts, cap & Rbk Premier Road Lites.

Today I wanted to get 8km in before the boys came over for the day and roll the legs over after yesterday's run. Muscular wise I felt fine which was great, but my heel was sore and felt very stiff. I stopped at Hogan's Reserve (1.5km) and stretched my calf & achilles which helped and of course I was also warmed up and the creaks & groans were diminishing :-)

When I got to 4k according to Garmin I turned and came back the same way. The 8km was predominantly on road except for approx 1-1.5km of dirt around Hogan's Rd Reserve.

I am going to double up today, this evening I am going to jog to the aths track and do some lunges, squats, push ups & sit ups, then when Clare finishes with her HJ coaching we are going for a 40 minute run on the Fed Trail (the opposite direction to last time) at 6 min pace, then hopefully she will drop me off at home.

PM Note: Well I basically did what I mentioned in the paragraph above. 3.5km to the track at an average of 4:10 pace, then about 15 minutes of lunges, push up, squats & sit ups, then a 6.5km run with Clare at just over 6 min pace. It was quite windy out of that area of the Fed Trail, we would have been better off somewhere not so open today. Poor Clare, I know she enjoys the company on her run, but she ends up listening to me babble about stuff because I can talk so much and of course I end up in Run Leader mode providing advice that she probably doesn't really want..., sorry! :-) All up a 10k run for me, so 18k for the day. :-)

3 comments:

Em said...

Yeah, those heel problems seem to be going around at the moment ;-)

Clairie said...

How did the heel pull up after the PM run? Was it any better.

Sounds like you have gotten this year off to a fine start Stu.

Maybe 2007 will be your year of good running and good times!!!!! Yahhhhhhhh

Ewen said...

18k is a good day Stu.

Secretly Clare wants you to keep talking so she can save her breath for the running ;)