Monday 29 January 2007

Mon 29 Jan 07, gym & recovery run


In the city at 7am and off to the gym, I felt ok from yesterday, a bit tired in the quads and overall I felt a bit tired even after a big sleep (in bed at 9:30pm, the earliest in many years). I could feel my legs whilst walking up the stairs to work and then again when walking down, but its all good... :-)

Today in the gym I concentrated on upper back, shoulders, core & my set off lunges (ow), squats (not to bad) and calf raises. I did reduce my lunges today, there was a lot of complaining happening in that muscle group.


This evening was great weather for a run, too bad it was only a recovery run. 5:30pm, still 24 degrees, sunny and no wind, I ran 3.5km to the track at 5 min pace and then stretched for 15 minutes, my heels and calves needed the attention, I then stretched the hammies and quads, just to even it all out. From the track I ran out & back with Clare for 6.5km which was great for me, my legs felt so much better and I did another 5-10 minutes of stretching. So all up 10km for the evening.

Today I got a call from Nike confirming that I was going to help out with the R4K training groups, starting next Monday. So a 'fit out' on Thursday and the first group training on Monday week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ow, lunges after running in the hills, Ow!

Clairie said...

oooh how exciting getting a fit out by Nike and being involved in the sponsored training groups.

You must be a good runner :)

I'll be reading to see how it all goes.

Keep up the core work and crosstraining - makes for a stronger, faster, fitter runner in my opinion.

Ewen said...

Sounds like a great recovery day.

I enjoyed your group training posts from last year Stu.

I see you've added a photo from your long run - what a great view!