Tuesday 9 January 2007

Tue 09 Jan 07, first track session for 2007

Arriving at the track at 5pm, myself Dave S & David T took off for our normal warm up around the fence line of VU, I had a quick detour as Declan fell off his scooter going down a hill and fell onto the gravel and had a few scars, but surprisingly was happy with a quick hand wipe down with a bottle of water. I then caught up and completed our first lap where we picked up Adam (a new Western A' for next season) and we continued on for another two laps.

Whilst stretching we were deciding what the plan of attack would be, 600s or 800s, most of the guys hadn't done a speed session for a few weeks and I was probably a bit tired from the past few days, so 600s were the plan. Bec (U18 girl) joined in and her coach suggested 80-82 with 90 - 120 sec recovery, which initially appeared to be 'do-able'.... But it didn't turn out that way, with a bit of a breeze and me feeling the effects of the past two days in my quads it was a tough session.

Splits (recover):
2.07 (1.31)
2.03 (2.01) - we quickly decided 2 min rest was required
2.06 (1.59)
2.13 (2.11) - not sure what happened witht he recovery, but I was gone now
2.13 (1.59)
2.10

Walked 200m and then chatted a bit and the two slow laps in the outside lanes to finsih off a tough day at the track. Legs were heavy, but I was only slightly aware of my heels.






Here are a couple of pictures of my boys last week in the heat eating frozen oranges. (Declan, Kaelan & Connor L-R)

6 comments:

Tesso said...

Bet it feels good to get back to the track. Must feel like a second home for you.

Cute pics :-) Gee, the little fella's getting big!

Anonymous said...

good pics stu,
it is tough out on the track at the
moment in the heat!

Vicky said...

Sure sounds like a tough session Stu, but you did it.

Great to see some photos - from these shots I think that D & K look alike...?

I'm really glad I took your advice of getting a decent massage, so thanks again.

Cheers, MAR.

Stu Mac said...

Yep Kaelan & Declan are like a mirror, the only difference is; at the same age Declan was slightly bigger.

Anonymous said...

Those older boys have a very mischievous look about them, bet you don't turn your back on them for too long

Clairie said...

aaarrrrhhhhh they are adorable. I agree with Tess - Kaelan is getting very big. I keep thinking he is a newborn but of course time moves on and he has grown as the weeks have gone past.

Man I feel old now....