Tuesday 16 January 2007

Tue 16 Jan 07, 4 x 400m, hot hot hot

I arrived at the track at 5pm and it was still 39 degrees, so thankfully an easy session was on schedule. As I'm racing in a 3000m race with the Vic Milers on Thursday I decided reps of 400s at my PB race pace. The plan (wish) being at 86 sec per lap will give me 10:45, but as I haven't broken 11 min this season, I don't think it will happen on Thu.

Tonight I trained with Adrian, we only did two laps of the complex and some limited stretching. Adrian suggested a 400m jog for the recovery, which sounded ok, sort of...

With the sun still beaming down hard and a hot wind up the front straight and very low humidity, even this short session was going to be hard enough.

Splits:
85.4
84.0
83.5
84.5

The recovery runs were just over 2 minutes. A tough session which finished with a 300m walk and then a 2 lap cool down about 15 minutes later with some of the kids.

I arrived home to find that the power outage had hit my suburb!!! :-(

5 comments:

Ewen said...

You can break 11 Stu. Maybe try an even-paced race - 88s. Or even, negative split, with 90s for the first few. You can come home in sub-80. Hope it's not too hot on Thursday.

Tesso said...

Cripes, 39 degrees. Its a wonder your shoes didn't melt!

Anonymous said...

That sun was pelting down yesterday, I don't know how you did it! I had intended running but ended up piking it :( I am definely going to get out there tonight though :)

Vicki said...

Think postive Stu. Program your mind and your body will follow.

Anonymous said...

Obviously somewhat stronger in body and mind than most of us, just getting out there and running in that heat - phew !