Sunday 21 January 2007

Sun 21 Jan 07, morning run at the You Yangs


Last night a few friends came around to my place, we chatted and enjoyed a few boutique beers (first time I have had more than 4 beers since Boxing Day), retiring just after 2:30am (we watched Liverpool kick Chelsea) with the knowledge that the majority of us were going to be at the You Yangs at 8:30am :-)

Today's run at the YY had a group of four running for more than 60 minutes (others running shorter & different pace) and Adrian on the bike (calf issues), we basically did the same as last week with about 15 minutes on a slightly different trail (Rockford) & then finishing up on the West/East trail. Both myself & David noticed that we seemed a little leg weary (esp on the hills), but we just enjoyed a slow Sunday run and chatted and complained how sore & heavy we were!!! An enjoyable run and hopefully this hill work will start to pay off soon.

Back to work tomorrow; so I intend to drive in early, go to the gym then work, drive home 4ish, run to the track and jog around until Clare is ready, then 40 min with her and then home, quick dinner and then off to a Western A' Committee meeting. So it will be a long day for my first one back to 'non holidays'. 6am - 10pm....

Sat 20 Jan 07, I woke up at 6:30am and was very stiff in my legs, so I though some time stretching would be a good idea but knew I couldn't stretch cold muscles, so shorts on, socks & shoes on, cap on and out the door for a slow 5km run. I got home and then laid on a towel in the lounge and stretched for 15 minutes. Just as I got in the door it started raining quite hard, I did well missing the before & after but it was very humid and I was soaked in sweat anyway. Showered, then off to Little A's, the Werribee Centre had a Club 'Multi' event day, with all of the age groups completing five events (except U6 & 7s) and scoring points for each event. A sucessful day of introducing this style of comp to many kids and trying to encourage their participation at the State level. WLAC are the 3rd or 4th biggest Centre in Victoria, but last year we only had 2-5 athletes competing in the State Multi's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought about turning up at the YY but my fitness levels have dropped a little. I'm hoping by next weekend to run a 20 k'er. Not sure if it'll be the YY or not.

Great effort with the 2.30 am 'go to bed' by my reckoning you would have got at best 5 hrs sleep.