Wednesday 19 July 2006

Wed 19 Jul 06, city run

11km today and 50km for the week so far, 16 runs/19 days this month

Plan: 60 minute easy paced run around the Tan & along the Yarra River after work and before it is dark. Clothes:singlet, tech T over the top, shorts & Kayano shoes.

I started my run on the Tan near Government Drive, ran anticlockwise on the Tan, once at the bottom of Anderson St, I crossed the road at the Morrell Bridge and ran along the Yarra. The first 15 minutes I was aware of the cool air on my legs and especially at the casual pace. Near a boatshed on the river I spotted my track training partner, Dave had just finished a kayak session with some guys from the VIS, a quick hello and chat. I quickly noticed within a minute or so I was feeling the cold, so a goodbye and back off and running. Over MacRobertson bridge and then made my way back along the river towards Southbank on the city side.

Once back near Olympic Park I decided I had done enough so I back tracked to Morrell Bridge and over to the Tan and ran back to my car, where I spotted Rupert from Knox AC/RW forum. Stretched a little, towelled down, change of clothes, track pants on and then off home. All up I was running for 52-54 min (no watch tonight), and easily ran 11k or more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran the same course tonight, starting at 4.10 pm. Even though the Nylex sign said 9 degrees I didn't think it was that cold and I was wearing shorts.

Anonymous said...

I've been doing a lot of running around the yarra lately -- i find it really peaceful there. Havent been to the running clubs for a few weeks, but am enjoying the solitude of solo running.