Thursday 6 July 2006

Thu 06 Jul 06, track session 4 x 400m

7km today and 49km for the week so far, 5 runs/6 days this month

Personally a good week, but my running has been fairly ordinary and a bit of a struggle to get out there and do it. I arrived at the track prior to 5pm and chatted and waited for Dave before we did our 3 laps of the Complex, then stretched. No Burkie tonight so I decided we would copy the session that I did prior to Coliban and as well I suggested a light session of bends & straights to a new girl, who is 'getting' the feel for the Club and I didn't think it was appropriate that she tru and do a session of 400s with the younger girls when she is only just returning to running.

So the plan for myself & Dave was 4 x 400 @ 72/73 with a 2 min recovery. Whilst today was a nice winters day, I wrongly thought I could do my session in shorts, half way through the session I was wanting my tights, oh well. Taking turns on the running on the inside rail our splits were:

Splits:
73.8
72.8
73.7
73.4

All of the recoveries were between 1:58 & 2 min, walking recovery. There was a wind which we could feel around the 220-300m area which made it just that little harder than we would have preferred.

Finished the session with 4 laps in lane 8, chatting and organising cars for Saturday's race.

3 comments:

Jaykay said...

Know where you're coming from with that struggle to get out there!!

Em said...

Brrr, it was cold today, I got caught in the rain this morning.

Missing the Gold Coast :-(

Anonymous said...

With cold and windy weather out here in the west, i'm stuggling to get out there too. But you're still getting through a few km's even if you aren't very motivated at the moment.