Thursday 13 July 2006

Thu 13 Jul 06, 6 x 400m was the plan

5km today and 43.5km for the week so far, 11 runs/13 days this month

I arrived at the track just after 5.30pm, again to train by myself. I dropped my bag straight away and started my 5 laps to warm up in lane 8, a few strides and some stretching got me ready for a nice quick session.

I had chatted with Burkie on the phone yesterday arvo so I already knew the planned session, 6 x 400 @ 75 but reduce the 2 minute recovery by 15 sec each fortnight, but today I started my reps too quick.

Splits: (recovery were 1:45)
71.5
71.3
72.5
76.1
81.2

All over 'red rover', I was so untidy on the 5th rep I called it quits. Finished off with a lap of walking and 2 laps of jogging & some stretching. Burkie laughed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear oh dear! Did you check your split at the first 200m point?? No
excuse for the second rep.

SB:)

Em said...

Yeah, I did recpgnise some R4K run leaders in the HVT group.

Dan?? think I saw him, well, there was a blur going 'round the track, it was either him or I lost a contact lens :-)