Sunday 30 July 2006

Sun 30 Jul 06, a long run at Brimbank

22km today and for the week so far, 26 runs/30 days this month

Well this was an unexpected run. Yesterday at soccer Connor was asked if he was available to play a game with the U9s, which was to be his first game of the real stuff. So off to Sunshine, game started at 12pm and both myself and his mum were present to watch his first game.



This is a picture of Connor (turns 8 in mid Oct), playing his first competitive game of soccer for Hoppers Crossing U9 (No. 3) team, he played 30 of the 40 minutes as a defender, he had loads of fun and enjoyed the game and also a win (6-0).


After the game the boys went home with Julie and I made my way out to Brimbank Park to run along the Maribyrnong river. My run started in the car park near the visitors centre, the first few k's I sat on 4:50ish pace and enjoyed the sun and little wind as i was protected from the trees along the river. Even though I thought it was cool at the start of my run I ended up feeling quite comfy in my CR singlet and shorts and even ended up topless for the last 6km or so, but this was more as a result of nipple rash....

The first 10km of my run was completed in 47:30, I then continued on and ran a km past Cannings Reserve before turning around for the return journey. All up I ran 22km with an average pace of 4:48.

4 comments:

Em said...

One of those mornings that almost make winter tolerable, it was stunning at Jells's today. Perfect conditions for a long run.

Anonymous said...

Did we forget the vaseline? Brimbank's a nice run.

Jaykay said...

Sportshield Stu...don't leave home without it!

Sekhmet said...

Ouch!

Idiot *rolls eyes*