Thursday 20 July 2006

Thu 20 Jul 06, short & sharp, but bloody cold!

7km today and 57km for the week so far, 17 runs/20 days this month

A beautiful day, blue skys and no wind, but cold cold cold! Arrived nice and early at the track and quickly got into my warm up of 3 laps of the Complex, stretching and 5x60m strides.

A change tonight from Burkie, he thought it was time we had a change and so 6 x 300m at 54-55 sec with 90 sec recovery. Tonight I was wearing adidas T, shorts & skins with my flats, I thought I would be warm enough, but in hindsight I needed my GLOVES!

Tonight I forgot my watch, luckily Dave had his, so we were ok. The reps were fastish but not killers and of course a good ploy by Burkie shortening the distance & recovery but slightly increasing the pace.

Splits (all recoveries were 90-91 sec):
54.2
53.8
54.1
54.1
54.1
53.7

I was so impressed in the consistency, but to be honest, I do prefer the longer reps. But Burkie did mention that it is time for the recoveries to be dramatically reduced because he thinks I am starting to cruise the sessions, poor Dave, he rolled his eyes.

No running tomorrow, I would have enjoyed a small swim (very small) and to sit in a spa and relax a bit tonight, but I couldn't afford the trip to the very expensive aquatic centre, maybe tmw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stu, your body thermostat mustn't be working properly. It wasn't that cold, even I went out wearing shorts tonight, didn't feel a thing.