Tuesday 18 July 2006

Tue 18 Jul 06, 5 x 1k reps

10km today and 39km for the week so far, 15 runs/18 days this month

Some company for my speed session tonight with Dave S, we warmed up by completing 3 laps of the VU Complex and then stretched. On order tonight was 5k worth of quality and the choice was ours on how we would do this, but the orders were floating recoveries and pace was to be slightly faster than 10k pace. So we decided 5 x 1k @ 3:50-55 with a 200m float.

Dave was unsure how he would go so I he remained on the inside and I ran on lane 1/2. Remember tonight, relax, enjoy, do not do too fast, keep those recoveries brief and use the arms and relax the shoulders.

Splits (recovery):
3:53 (1:27)
3:50 (1:32)
3:55 (1:35)
3:52 (1:36)
3:58

I found tonight's session very easy and enjoyed chatting to Dave (I did most of the talking), the last rep was a touch too slow, I wanted to ensure that we finished together and I didn't want to speed up for the last rep. The recoveries were too long, but again, I wanted company tonight. A four lap cool down and a little bit of stretching, as per normal it cooled down quickly and getting home seemed more important.

Some good news, we (Burkie & I) have managed to convince 2 of the first year XC guys that they are more than capable of running 12km of XC, which is excellent, at least one or both of them will finish in front of me and I didn't want my time being used in Div 4. So at the moment Western A' men have 7, I just need 2 more and I just might be able to pull that off!

No comments: