Sunday 23 July 2006

Sun 23 Jul 06, a recovery run

9km today and for the week so far, 19 runs/23 days this month

My legs felt a little heavy today, as per normal after a race, but not to bad, just a little tight & heavy in the quads. This morning I meet up with a friend for a 60 minute run, a deal has been struck...she runs 60 minutes with me today and I will do 20 laps (in one hit) of the local pool within the next 7 days.

A slow & easy run at the You Yangs on one of the horse trails that isn't too hilly. A very pleasant morning, nice weather, and was more than comfortable running in a tech T and shorts. We sat around 6:15-30 pace, chatting. Well the deal has been set and I will have to swim this week, or else....

Which obviously is a great idea as I am very aware of the benefits of swimming, I just tend to dodge the cross training. But I am going to re-introduce some lunchtime cardio & weights and the plan is at least once a week, but preferably twice.


The results for this weekend's race are already on the AV web site, which is very impressive, both the teams
and the individual. The Western A' men in Div 4 managed to finish 3rd which was very surprising and the women in Div 2 finished 8th. The men's state title was one by Collis Birmingham for his first title and I suspect he is a name that the general public will get to know very well in years to come. I managed to finish 243rd out of 346 in the men's race. Next race is another Cross COuntry race, 8km at the Ballarat Uni in a fortnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pitty you couldn't make Princes Park this morning.

What's the 'or else' bit? Are you thinking of piking?

Anonymous said...

Recovery run?? You make me feel so good. You better not pike.. I ran for 60 minutes so you can swim 20 laps which all be over in under 30minutes.. and no speedo's please!

Stu Mac said...

I WILL NOT pike and I WILL NEVER wear Speedo's, I would have to be paid a lot of money before I would EVER consider that!

Tesso said...

Love the pic of Kaelan - what a cutie :-)