Friday 28 July 2006

Fri 28 Jul 06, Princes Park & a swim

13km today and 67km for the week so far, 24 runs/28 days this month

I parked on the Tan at 6:40ish dressed in cap, dri fit T with Skins top underneath and shorts I ran up past the Shrine and then doubled back and ran into the city upto Niketown in Bourke St where I met up with Clarkey, PJ & Jarrod, just before 7am.

This mornings suggestion was to run up Swanston and go around Princes Park and then return, which sounded great. A beautiful clear morning with a few cool patches, but the sun was out and there was no wind, so all was good! A nice even paced run, with a bit of a pick up when going around Princes Park, I didn't push to much as I have had a fairly big week, more in quality than kms and of course re-introducing the gym & core work back into my program.

This afternoon I am going to the local aquatic centre for a swim. The plan is 20 laps (1km), hopefully I'll make it and it won't take too long. This evening my aths club are having their AGM, I have nominated for a position (Secretary) after an approximate six month absence from the Committee, I am looking forward to be formally involved again! Again I will be on the Little A's & Senior Club Committee, I now think my personal circumstances have stabalised and will be able to help move Western A's forward.

Added note:Well I survived the swim and managed to slowly swim the 1km, but I reminded myself that I am not very 'swim fit' and I swam more breaststroke than freestyle, esp in the latter laps as it is sooooo much easier. But I must admit without Dave T & Clare being there I wouldn't have done it, like most things, it is easier to do with others.

The AGM last night seen my nomination sucessful and I have returned back to the Western A's Committee as the Secretary.

No comments: