Wednesday 5 July 2006

Wed 05 Jul 06, a local run only

8km today and 42km for the week so far, 4 runs/5 days this month

Ran from home tonight after work and only ran for one reason, because I knew I needed to 'tick it off' in my diary and no other reason. All arvo I had been trying to work out why I should, my intent was to go home and not do, but I 'just' decided to put on the shorts, shoes & top and then get out the door. 36 minutes of no real purpose, just a run that needed to be done.


Looking forward to this weekend, Western A's, my aths club, have filled all of our open men & womens teams, which will help consolidate our positions. Currently the men are sitting 4th in Div 4 and 8th in Div 6 (my team). In Div 4, unless Wendouree or Sandy lose some talent filling their Over 40 teams we can only expect to finish 4th, which is quite good for our first season in the Division. The Div 6 team will be hoping to be able to finish in the top 3 and move up one or 2 spots on the ladder, if we were to have a strong finish in the final 5 rounds, there could be the slightest hope of a top 3 season finish, but a lot of luck will be required to fill both teams each round, esp the Half Marathon.



This is the victorious Western A's Div 6 team from Coliban, left to right, Bradley, Mitch, Rorie, Stu & Chris. This weekend Mitch has been promoted to Div 4 to fill a vacancy and Chris is working and we have been able to convince Dave S to re-register, which he always was going to, but competitive surfing and other comps have kept him very busy.


No comments: