Tuesday 3 May 2005

Tue 3 May, weekly speed

Currently I am still officially only doing one speed session per week, but I did do a small 2nd session last week on the hills & stairs in the Botanical Gardens, I may continue this, I better speak to the 'coach' (Burkie) too about this.

Today I arrived at the track at 4.45pm and took off straight away with a friend (Mick) for an easy 15 minutes, returned and did 3x70m easy strides, some stretching and then changed into my flats. Did another 3x75, a little faster this time and then walked to the start/finish line to do a session of 6x1000m with 1.45-2min recov (walk & jog).

Splits: 3:43, 3:42, 3:47, 3:49, 3:50 & 3:42

For the last repeat I asked Burkie to be critical of my form compared to my normal, with the full intent on trying to hold good form but also trying to run faster than the previous repeat. He was fairly happy, asked me to concentrate on trying to lean slightly more forward, the norm!!! He actually told me tonight that he thought I would have been about 30 sec faster on Saturday, TOO FAST on the first lap!!!

Plan for the week is 70km ish and then reduce to 45-50km for next week finishing with a 8km Cross Country race in Bendigo, I bet its hilly!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Re comment on my blog:
"Someone said it to me when I posted my picture on my blog ... I was surprised when I saw your photo"

Hehe I *wonder* who that was that said that? ;-) (actually, Lucky Legs also said it)

Sorry, I don't have anything profound to say about your training. One day when I speak fluent runnerese!