Tuesday 17 May 2005

Tue 17 May, intervals

I arrived at the track to meet others at 4.45pm and off we go for an easy 17 minute warm up run, return and complete 5 stride thru's. Some light stretching, change shoes and begin.

Tonight I am going to concentrate on my 'floats', no walking and will not exceed 2 min break, not even by 1 sec!!!

6x1000m: 3:42, 3:44, 3:50, 3:51, 3:57 & 3:37, all of the breaks were between 1:45 & 1:55, jogging the whole time.

It was very cool tonight, with the fog rolling in during my 4th repeat. Tash was doing 800s with me, so it was good to have company right next to me and not just following or miles ahead.

I jogged home from the track for my cool down, about 17 minutes.

Mental note: I have discovered that i am very hungry for the past few weeks, more than normal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu,

You seem to be doing too many junk miles hence your comments of a dejected nature recently.
You should have had a race hit out e.g. Gunn runners over 3 or 5km to rev you up for Sandown.
Too much plodding at 4:45km pace

Jen said...

Stu,

Thank you for your advice and for your sensibility. You are right; taking it easy for 2 weeks is much, much better than not running at all. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Stu Mac said...

silver samurai, I'll respond here and maybe you might see. The Gunn Runners don't work for me as Tuesdays are the night I do a session with Club mates, currently 6x1k and the GRs start way too late for me too.

I think with 2 speed style sessions a week & 1 race approx every fortnight is enough to keep me going, the recovery runs are the ones at 4.45pace, I have to be that slow, I haven't broken 41 min for 10km yet....

Anonymous said...

Stu,
I was trying to offer an alternative...after reading your blog for a few weeks I got the impression your weekly regime was a little too predictable.
This can lead to complacency or a comfort zone for all of us.
A 5km PB 2 or 3 weeks before Sandown would have given you the mental lift to blitz away!