Thursday 12 May 2005

Thu 12 May, a light speed session

6.30am in South Melbourne, I park the car in Sturt Street and run to St Kilda Rd, onto the Tan and run easy for 18 minutes until getting to the 'pillars'. Some stretching followed by some 70 minute strides at pace.

Taking off from the Pillars of Wisdom towards Anderson St I run at 1500m pace for 250m, jog for 30 sec turn around and jog back to the mark and return at 1500m pace. 6 x 250m all between 48-50sec, not too fast, but a controlled fast pace.

After the sixth one I had a quick drink, put the t-shirt back on over my singlet and made my way back to the Barracks, running until I get to 10 minutes, and then walk back to the Barracks.

I will have Friday as a rest day, prior to the AV 8km Cross Country Race at Belvoir Golf Course in Bendigo. Western A's have 2 Open Men's teams, 2 Open Women's teams, 1xU20 Mens & 2 junior girls. A great day is expected. :-)

No comments: