Monday 16 May 2005

Sun 15 May, You Yangs

Over the past 4 months I have been here a lot, but its within 30 minutes of home and the hills are good and hard and the surface is great. Cameron had a 16th party to attend last night, so I pick him up along the way and I pick up his mate too and we arrive at the You Yangs just before 8am (I think they would have enjoyed some more sleep ;-) ).

I go off by myself so I don't get caught up in their pace and I go along a horse trail for a change which after 27 minutes of easy running joins Great Circle Drive just before one of the big hills. I work the hill for nearly 8-10 minutes and float the flat and then work another 3-5 minute hill. I go hard down the next down hill at 4 min pace or faster for 3 minutes and then return to cruising 4.45-50 pace for 5 minutes and then I pick it up to 4:15ish pace for 10 minutes, then slow down to 5 min pace for the remainder. 80 minutes all up and I feel ok, but it was humidish for this time of the year and I'm very drenched in sweat. The boys mention that they found it quite warm too, strange considering it was 11 or 12 degrees when I left home, but the sun was out and no wind.

A good run, especially after yesterday's race.

No comments: