Monday 16 May 2005

Mon 16 May, run around the MCG and surrounds

Today's intent is an easy 45 minutes. I start my way down St Kilda Rd to the Princess Bridge and then make my way along the river upto the Tennis Centre, across the bridge to the 'G' and go anti clock wise for a change, run around the gardens to Vic Pde and then onto Punt Rd, along the train line and back into the G's parklands for awhile.

I then run over a bridge to Goschs Paddock and onto the Tan, I find the first marker and pick up the pace, intent run 1km in 4 min, which I did 3m 55s, back off for 5 minutes and make my way to the Pillars through the Gardens and find another marker and run 750m in 3m 0s exactly, very happy with that, wasn't over the edge but close, happy I could pick up this pace after 35 minutes of running and following the last 2 days.

Question, am I close to the sub 40minute, hmmmmm, I don't think so, but in 2 weeks I will find out where I am at. The Victorian 10km Championships at the Sandown Racecourse.

I wore my CR singlet and saw no-one and didn't get any hi CR, first time in a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to wear my CR singlet when running too but I rarely pass any runners and have not seen another Cool runner at all. I have only ever seen two or three other runners in my area. Guess it makes a difference running in the city though, I live on the outskirts of town