Tuesday 24 May 2005

Tue 24 May, speed work

Tonight my normal training partner is not available, but one of the advantages of being involved with a club is others are generally around and luckily tonight David T was avail and not working, so off for a warm up on the roads.

Did a few stride thru's, some light stretches and moved into a set of 5x800m, a little lighter than normal with the race this weekend. All the sets we in the mid 2:52-55 area (forgot my watch), using a 2 min walking/jogging recov tonight. Felt ok, but could feel effects of my past few days a bit so I was happy for the easy recovery and also happy for the 8's over the 1k's.

Finished with a lap and then packed up for my run home with my new flashing arm light.

Good to see CR Adrian down at the track tonight, starting to get back into the swing of it after 6Ft, then a rest, then a job move (& maybe promotion), will be great to see him racing again in a month.

As I'm attending a Workshop again tomorrow and would like to clear my desk prior and feeling some effects of the past few weeks, I will rest tommorrow, first day in a while!

No comments: