Friday 20 May 2005

Fri 20 May, 1 lap of the Tan

Very cold this morning and I wasn't planning on a run, but I knew I had a course on today starting at 9am and I wasn't going to achieve much before it so I decided a would cruise around the Tan.

First I ran around the outside of the Barracks and then over the other side of St Kilda Rd until I hit 10 minutes. I then made my way to the Govt Dve intersection, a couple of basic calf, hamstring & quads stretches and then around the Tan, 15:40.

Not fast and not slow, but cold, I should of worn gloves, just a white climate control Adidas top and shorts.


I'm nearing the end of a 6 week training block where I have generally done a very similar program each week, but moving around for my recovery runs. I don't think the 2005 goal will be broken, I'm not there yet, but I am very happy how things are going compared to last year. More than 5kgs lighter and I would suspect 3 min faster over 10km...

Will cruise to Connor's Cross Country race tmw, an easy 30 minute, will act as the rabbit for 2 races (1km & 1.5km) for U6-8 & U9 & 10 (I think). Then a lift home. Sunday's run at the Sri Chinmoy is looking like it will be COLD. Thankfully its only a training run, I may do the last 5k quickly though, a suggestion from the coach.

2 comments:

Wobbly man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wobbly man said...

I guess you ran early this morning too Stu! Cold huh? Hope we can catch up on Sunday before the race