Saturday 21 May 2005

Sat 20 May, a hard 30 minutes

Surprisingly mild this morning, it would have been the warmest morning since last Sunday. In singlet at 7am jogged around my home area for 10 minutes and then did some quad, hamstring, calf & glute stretching at home and then ran as hard as I could for 25 minutes.

Hopefully just faster than my 10k race pace, the first 2kms are marked and I hit the 2k mark at 7:48, so happy with that and very much felt in control and didn't really slow down at all, but not confirmed.

Looking good for tommorrow, I'm thinking the morning will be 8-12 degrees and I reckon the wind will be present, I'm hoping not too bad.

Should be good at the Sri Chinmoy, looking forward to re-meeting Wobblyman & SlowSue (meet both once before), pepster, courtlylove, PaulC & many other CRs & a couple from Ausrun too, there should be over 20.

Cam (son), rang to let me know he has changed his schedule and is wanting to be picked up and he is running the 10k, he is out of form but should still manage 37 or so. It was hoped he would be in 35 minute form, but things just are not happening for him... Issues with calf muscles and of course the life style of a 17 year old too, ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I expect you won't read this till after, however wanted to wish you all the best for Sunday's race. Us SMH Cheerleaders will be cheering for you too!

Looking forward to the race report.