Tuesday 24 May 2005

Mon 23 May, Albert Park

Feel great today except for a little chaffing under my r.arm and I have yet again made a mess of my nipples, especially the right hand side (a mess).

This morning my plan is 45 minute, probably 4.40 pace and I decide I will go to Albert Park, I haven't done many runs of the lake and I can use the km markers to ensure my pace is fine. Nice weather, sunny, not to cold and I feel pretty good. Whilst running my mind wonders to thinking about the 10k on Saturday, about the Team (Western A's) but also my own run, how will I attack?? Will I be aggressive and confident and run as if I will be on for a sub 40 minute or will I run the first 5-6km like a 41 min and leave some up the sleeve for the final 4k and be happy with a mid 40 and an improvement of 3 min since last year.... I haven't really decided.

As I near the Bob Jane stadium I notice that I am closing in on a runner, its Eat Em, he is a bit sore from the run yesterday, but he is getting the recovery run in, so he will be better for it.

I arrive back at the barracks a little earlier than I expected so I do 2 quickish laps of the Barracks which take 4:02 & 3:59, nice and even pace, a lot faster than the previous 35 min.

Finish the run, happy for it and feel great but a would like to find a solution to my nipple, its a mess and the vaseline hasn't helped....

1 comment:

Wobbly man said...

Hi Stu, Congrats on you PB last Sunday - looks like youa re in good form at the moment witha couple of PB's already this year. I just use band-aids on runs over 1hr30mins. I have heard you can buy nipple guards but havent looked for them as with two young kids they are always handy.