Saturday 18 April 2009

XCR'09 Series, Round One, Jells Park XC Relays

Aths Vic first race of the Series and WLAC had a race too, so I started the day at President's Park at 9am to watch my group of kids, 19 from my Squad today, the race was only a 'trial 1km race'. Some good runs, especially Bailey, Brooklyn & Courtney.
___________________

Once home from LA I finished organising all of my paperwork for today, as the Club's Team Manager (TM) for all of our XCR teams I needed to be super organised with finalising memberships, collecting relay money, distributing indiv & team numbers and dictating (yes I can be a bit of a dictator....) team orders for each division & category.

Ten teams today, Men Div 2, 4, 5 & U14 and Wmn Div 2, 3, 4, U18 & U16x2. All TM stuff seemed to go well and as one of the other coaches stated, "like a well oiled military operation', yep that's the way I organise stuff, if I can take a section of men into battle, then I'm sure I can organise a few XC teams.

Whilst I may be able to organise a few XC teams, I appear to be fucked at organising myself so I can run a half decent XC relay race. It has become apparent to me that since acting as the TM for the past 3 years I do not race relays well, I obviously get distracted. Ohh and to be honest I do not enjoy running XC, in my 7 or 8 years of running Club racing I have only had one good year where my XC races worked, it did happen to be my fittest year, but as a general rule, I would pick a road race over a XC anytime....But saying that, I'll be running every XC race to help my Club.

Due to many absences in our male Club runners I had to run as the last Div 4 runner, WTF am I doing in Div 4...oh well, I will race where I am required. Race....a funny word, I didn't really, I ran the last leg slowly, I did pass a few runners, but not many. Two laps of a 3km course, a few hills, lots of grass in 28:22.......................OMFG how slow, oh well I did what I needed to do to keep us in 9th position.

Not a run I will look on favourably in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello
http://www.health-runr2.com/ - generic vardenafil
In fact, levitra is the effective measure for it.
[url=http://www.health-runr2.com/]levitra pharmacy[/url]

As we have already discussed that the main objective of using levitra drug is to treat erectile dysfunction or impotent.
levitra online
There is a misconception among the public that to use levitra as a drug interaction.