Wednesday 15 April 2009

Wyndham Park

In the gym this morning, but my exercises were carefully selected as my shoulder is NOT working. I could still enjoy my work out, but not as much as normal.
______________

A group of nearly 20 tonight, a couple of Burkie's group came down tonight as they wanted a change of scenery and nearly all of my group were there tonight. Poor Claire is still at home with tonsilitis.

We started with a short trip around the general park area and then onto the river trail and past the 'houses' and then back into the park, but in reverse today, all up 12 minutes. Then some stair work, then some drills breaking into strides over a 40m marked area. Then 5x100m strides on the gravel paths.

I then set a path of markers on the flat then up the grassy hill to a park bench with a 50m slope down before breaking into a 100m shuffle, I'm guessing the course with shuffle was 400m. We did 2x3 sets of the course.

I then had the group do 5x80m strides, the intent was to get every one to concentrate on their form when they were tired. We then finished off with a 10 min cool down jog around the park & river.

A good session with lots of variety, but working everyone. For me, just over 6km of running.

No comments: