Tuesday 7 April 2009

Ballan Holden

For the next month, possibly two, I have moved my Squad away from the track and we are training along the Fed Trail, running alongside Skeleton Creek, we meet at the car park in front of Ballan Holden. The 'basic set' will be 4x5 min at effort with 3 min recovery of walking & jogging.

I decided that time efforts would be better with a wide range of abilities, distance based endurance reps as a group sometimes means the faster person ends up with a longer break or the slower person has a shorter break, so timed reps works well and away from the track will hopefully mean we will improve our pacing without markers.

Today we started with a 6 min easy run, a quick regroup so I could explain exactly what I wanted and off we went, of course a few of the juniors were off like rockets, but I past them after 90 seconds (ouch they are going to regret that). The jog/walk recoveries I turned and regroup everyone together before we take off again. After the second rep we turned for our recovery and started the return trip.

For me, I of course started too quick and the 4th rep was not as good as expected or wanted. With warm up, reps, recovery & cool downs a few kms are ticked off the diary.

I see this session as the quality set of the week for the next 4 weeks and hopefully after 8 weeks I will see BIG improvements in my running and more importantly the groups!

No comments: