Friday 24 April 2009

On the bike

In the gym this morning at 6:30am, my training partner didn't train due to a head cold, but I decided I would continue on as planned. As my shoulder is giving me grief and I cannot lift any weight above my head on the right hand side I decided I would just ride and then finish off with some planks.

So I jumped on one of the stationary bikes, set it up for my height and then off I went, the first 3km I sat approx on 70rpm and then for the next 3k around 75rpm. For the final 6k (yep 12km, wow I can count) I was sitting anywhere between 78-85rpm. Off the bike, a quick wipe down and then I did 6x30 second front planks with 30 sec rest, followed by 4x30 sec oblique planks, again with 30 sec rest.

A ice easy start to the day, a quick shower and then off to donate platelets and then started work 8:30ish, which is late for me.

ANZAC Day tmrw, so I'll be up nice and early and at the Shrine of Remembrance at 5:30am with my 3 boys and Jo. So I'll see you there if you are one of the thousands.

No comments: