Monday 27 April 2009

Thanks Mister President

Prior to meeting my training group I parked my car at the track and then took off for an easy to medium paced run along the Fed Trail in the direction of Werribee, the plan was 17:30 out and then back. Some of the run was on asphalt and then I climb a fence to run on the dirt trail that followed the same path.

An enjoyable run, I worked up a bit of sweat and enjoyed the 'roll', I was very happy with how my legs felt considering the 90 min stroll in the cold & wind yesterday. Once back at my car, a quick change in the car park, singlet off and T on and I grabbed my bag as I was chatting to a few of the group who were arriving. With todays run I finally broke 200km in a month for 2009, my biggest month of the year, I hope this is a small sign of kms to come!

Once in the complex I gave my May training schedule to a couple of the mums to check if they could see any probs. A couple of minutes past 5pm, I took the kids out for a 2k warm up. Once back we dropped jackets & tops and hopped onto the track and that was when the weather changed...bang a BIG load of rain hit the track and it stayed for 20 minutes +.

It made it hard to keep the kids going, but we kept doing the simple drills with shuffles back, but I had to keep them moving, some of the kids are so slight that I could see them changing colours. Anyway, a few left as their parents decided the pouring rain was too much (their choice), but the majority stuck it out, they know my rules - I will train no matter the weather unless the athletes are in danger. Bring a dry top/jacket, bring a towel, you will be fine!

5x400m with 200m floats in the rain, I ran with the slower group and a couple of my older member controlled the faster group. So cold & wet.
_______________

Hence the title, tonight Western Aths voted in a new President.

4 comments:

jojo said...

yay :) you will do a great job, but dont think im going to call you Mr President...lol

oh and does that make me the 'first lady" LOL

Anonymous said...

Well done Stu ...

Now you and teh 'first lady' have to get a dog .... just like 'that other guy' did :-)

Eat Em

Ewen said...

Ha! Good one Jo. Next thing you'll be getting fashion tips from Michelle Obama.

Congrats Stu. With that workload, and the coaching, I'm tipping some more 'victories' for Jo this winter ;)

Barrier Boy said...

Mate, when I come over will you pick me up in Air Force 1?????

I promise I pose no security risk!