Thursday 23 April 2009

Heavy & tired legs attempting a track session

Three laps of the Complex tonight to warm up with David and Blair joined in too, then joining up with the girls (Jo, Claire & Celeste) and a few of Burkie's girls who wanted to do my groups set. Myself & David were running 6x800 and the girls 6x600m.

With a good sized group and a couple of Burkie's girls coming from behind and then passing meant there was more than 10 in the group following Blair. After two reps it was obvious to me that I was struggling, but achieving 3:16, 3:15, 3:15 but breathing way hard so I finished with 600m reps and David followed Blair on for 3:08s, Blair was running 2:55s with ease.

I finished off with three easy laps in lane 8.


In hindsight I felt a lot better after the first 600m and consider changing back to 800m reps as I felt I was cheating, but I decided a sensible approach would be smarter.

2 comments:

jojo said...

yeah sensible can be good sometimes

Ewen said...

At least you didn't have to beg the coach (like Jo) to cut the session ;)

Keep it up - I don't want to see any more 28+ 6k races from a Div 4 runner.