Wednesday 8 April 2009

Gym & coaching

In the gym this morning with 3 trainees, on the bike for 10 minutes, easy start for 4 min, then steady for 4 and then quick for 2, already I was unpopular... :-)

We did a mixture of standing free weights, free weights on a 'fit ball' and then some core work using the mats & the ball.
__________________

Tonight I had my group meet at Wyndham Park alongside the Werribee River, nice paths, nice grassy hills and some trails along the river. A mix of U9-11, a sprinkling of teens and 2 adults, plus me.

A nice warm up along the river and then following a trail past some nice 'river' houses and then back into the park, 10 minutes done. We ran some drills and strides along the stone trails before I past on the 'nice' news of a TT over a 900m course, with a 7 min break and then do it again. Times were recorded and we will do again in 1 month, I did the Coach 'thing' and stood and timed ... :-)


So for me, only a few kms of running.

No comments: