Monday 20 April 2009

Hmmm, I have sore legs

Oh well shit happens, especially sore/tired in my quads, everywhere else seems ok. But even with tired & sore legs I ran the 7km course to the track in 32:40, I was surprised when I looked at my watch for the first time going through the gate, I suspected much closer to 35 minutes.

Once at the track, I got my squad going, about 15 kids and a couple of adults, out the gate, I got Jo to take the more accomplished runners out for 22 minutes at approx 4:50ish pace and I took the remainder for 16 minutes, upto the hospital and then along the dirt trail upto the police station and back.

Once back I got the group to do some dynamic stretching, then strides, drills, exercises, drills, exercises, strides etc etc.. Tonight was a real 'blast for their legs', with the run and loads of 2x100m strides broken up with good strengthening exercises. I didn't do lots of these, I basically demonstrated and then stood around and corrected technique, but I did all of the strides, 12 or 14.

No comments: