Monday 12 May 2008

WHY

Today I noticed that my knee felt like it had done more work than it really had, meaning there was some discomfort, but the feeling was similar to a BIG week, but of course I haven't had a big week this year.

I met my squad at 5pm at Riverbend, 27 kids and a few parents running too, we started off with 850m w/up, all was good, no discomfort. We then did some stretching and then jogged about 500m to my starting point. 6x1min on, 20 sec off before then running along various river trails, crossing the river etc a couple of times. Finished with some stretching and then 2x1 min planks for the group (too much for some of the kids, but 6 did both sets perfectly).

As I was cooling down I noticed the discomfort was returning and by the time I got home my knee was swollen and uncomfortable, not sore, but uncomfortable....iced and elevation.
__________________

Western Aths AGM tonight, for the fifth year I have been nominated (& accepted) the role of Secretary, we have a new President who is a great choice for our Club (Burkie).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good, at least I'm not the only one suffering with knee problems....

If it's not one thing, it's something else for me.

Hope it clears up soon Stu

Anonymous said...

hope it comes good.your coaching seems to be going very well.

Anonymous said...

that was me stu.

Ewen said...

Bet your knee wasn't as ugly as Jo's ;)

Two good choices for Western Aths!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the knee Stu. Will you be heading around Sandown Saturday ? No sub 40 for either of us this year :-(
Chris.B

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hopefully your knee isn't going out in sympathy with Jo's ! Hope the ice & elevation worked !

jojo said...

..hey ewen... my knee's not ugly...my scar is CUTE as ...lol.. oh yeah stu ..sorry to hear about the knee.. i guess some TLC is reuired

Stu Mac said...

Ewen, just to clarify, Jo is a Coburg runner who is coached by a Wes Aths runner.

Ewen said...

Stu, I meant you and Burkie were good choices for Western Aths.

So Jo runs for the opposition eh?