Tuesday 13 May 2008

A circuit indoors and a very sore knee

I met a friend on the Tan at 6:30am and told her that I didn't think I could run the PT session on the Tan as my leg was very sore and moving was difficult, so I suggested we go the gym at work and do our session on the basketball court in the gym. I put her on the tready and I rode the stationary bike for 3 minutes, before moving over to the tready and increasing her incline and pace into a trotting pace. Every couple of minutes I made small changes to her tready either pace or incline or both.

Then on the court, the set included some jogging, push ups, lunges, squats, jumping on HJ bag (not me), crunches, planks, step ups and of course more running (minimal for me).


As the day went on my knee became sorer and sorer & also quite swollen.
_____________________________

At the track tonight for coaching, the four girls (Jo, Claire, Steph & Michelle) did either 4/5 x 800m (110sec per 400) with a 90 sec recovery and Pierre did 5x1k reps with another group 90 sec per 400m with a 60 sec recovery.

I had a quick chat with Bel (physio), showed her my knee, she said that the affected area was inside and in the cartilage area, but was either a major bump or a slight aggravation, she didn't think it was too serious, but it is swollen and slightly uncomfortable and hard to move when first getting up.

No comments: