Monday 19 May 2008

Werribee South training and on local roads

5pm this evening I met my young group, the clouds were everywhere, dark & looming, the drizzle or rain was on the way, so we started right on 5pm. Tonight was to be the test for exactly how my knee is, it feels ok, I can prod and find a spot, but I can hop on it with no probs, so I'm running! We started with a 6 minute warm up, 3 minutes away and then 3 min back, then some gentle stretching and chatting and congratulating the 11 runners from yesterday.

Today's group, I was missing about 6 regulars but I had a new 11 year old girl and the return of a 12 year old boy and Michelle (15) returned to the Monday session, I'm very happy to see the young teens mixing it up with the 8-12 year old kids, it keeps my over fast boys in control (a little).

Tonight I used the grassy hills and the sand to mix it up with short sharp hills and then long angled runs downhill, moving fast, LOTS of heavy breathing...good. We then finished off with a 4 min cool down jog and some stretching, 15 sec per stretch, which kids DO NOT LIKE..
____________________________

Once home I watched Neighbours (yes I know, but I've grown up with it), I did 2 min planks during the ads and then out the door at 7pm for a 15 min run on the roads, my first run on the road in a LONG time! (not really sure how long) Afterwards, I stretched inside and then showered and had a quick light dinner.
____________________________

And for those readers who have seen my growing body lately, I am happy to report that my pants today didn't feel as tight today, thank fuck for that, I knew refusing to buy bigger clothes would eventually work (I hope).
____________________________

The team and individual results are up for Sandown, eleven guys under 30 minutes! Wes Aths had two podium finishes, one gold and one bronze! We also won the U14 wmn & men U16, good solid results in other junior age groups. 6th in wmn Div 2, and the men had great results with all three teams finishing in the top 4. After three rounds the men & wmn U20 teams are first and second, 'the U16 men are also in the top 3, the four men teams are winning Div 6, 3rd in Div 3, 5th in Div 5, with the DIv 7 team in the middle of a BIG pack of 20 teams. GREAT results

3 comments:

jojo said...

yay..... stu running....

Andrew(ajh) said...

Nothing wrong with watching Neighbours!

Anonymous said...

I finally let go of all my old fat clothes recently, about 3 years after I lost the last of those pesky 20kgs, no going back now! Nothing like a wardrobe full of "skinny" clothes to keep the weight in check.

Neighbours! you would get on very well with my sister, do you watch Home and Away as well ;-)

Good to see you are running again, great news!