Saturday 24 May 2008

Little Aths and a Wes Aths Club run

Today started with picking C & D up for their race today at Werribee Sth on the beach, wow it was a tad cool... 5 degrees at 8.30am. This course is generally a little tough but is probably the 3rd hardest for WLAC, but the Wyndham Council have made some changes and have increased the sand area and removed a lot of the grass. The 1k course had approx 150-200m on grass and some of the sand was quite soft.

I decided I would run a few laps today of the course, so when the group walked the course I jogged it and I told the organiser that I thought this course was now the toughest! I ran another lap as the 'rabbit' for the U6-8 race, then I ran another lap when the U9-10 race were walking to the start for their 1500m race, then I ran another 2 whilst other races were in progress without getting in the way. All up 5km predominantly on sand, but all easy.
________________________

This arvo the Club pack run was at the You Yangs, but as many of us are regulars, we decided to start in a different spot, so we started at the Big Rock car park, which meant we would be running in different areas. A few different groups of paces and abilities, I decided to take Michelle and Jo around Big Rock and then towards the front of the park which is much flatter. We started at a fairly casual pace and strolled along trails and a few soft dirts, around the 16 min mark I picked up the pace for 8-10 min and told Mich to continue on a the same pace and then turn when we did and Jo cam e along for the increase in pace. All up approx 43 min run for the girls, I felt the need to do an extra lap of the rock to get my stride, so 48 for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to turn up for the You Yangs run but other things got in the way.

Anyway, bring on LaTrobe this Saturday.