Monday 26 May 2008

A short ride & an easy session in Wyndham Park

Early morning in the gym and straight onto the stationary bike for 15 minutes at an average of 19mph, purpose to roll the legs over to warm them up and try to get rid of any stiffness from the weekend.

Overall the short ride was easy and a good idea, after finishing I jumped onto a mat and stretched my legs for 15 minutes.
_________________________________

This evening I had the younger group at Wyndham Park, starting with 1.2km w/up along the river, stretching, a few even paced strides (8x75m) on a gravel path, then 2x900m loops on a gravel path. No time of any many meaning for me. The session was a lap hard 'ish' but steady, 3 min break and then off again but the second lap was to be faster. I started with the kids and sat mid pack for the first 200m, then moved through the group until the 500m mark where I stood and encouraged the kids and then very fast to get to the front so I could call the time out. The second lap, the kids all started approximately 3 min after they had finished. Out of the 14 kids tonight, 10 finished approx 10 sec faster and the other 4 finished with 2 sec either side of their first lap. We all then went for a 8 min slow jog as a group.

No comments: