Monday 5 May 2008

A short gym visit and some running at Riverbend

Maximum 15 minutes in the gym, 5 min on bike and then some core work, I decided I wanted to get some Wes Aths work done prior to work, so at my desk by 7:15am.
_________________________

Tonight I was meeting my younger squad at the Riverbend Reserve, but I organised Connor so he could do his homework in the car whilst I jogged around for 15 minutes by myself, which allowed me to check the river crossings and also wearing my Garmin meant I could measure the warm up track (850m).

Once the majority of the kids were there I took the group for a warm up around that loop and back to the BBQ area just in case of late arrivals, which there were. Progressively the group has been getting bigger, 25 kids tonight, 2 mums & 1 dad. The best thing tonight was many of the new kids are 11 & 12 which has meant the front pack is growing! :-)

Tonight I had the kids run at pace for 40 sec, then float for 20 sec x 6, we then rest and then jogged up to Shaws Rd bridge, crossed the river and then back along the river paths, back over the river at the Ford and then back to the BBQs. Tonight Teagan wore the Garmin, 5.6km from the warm up.

So for me just over 9km tonight, by far the furthest I have run in quite awhile which felt ok, but I did notice that I was tiring near the end of the session (but don't worry the kids didn't notice, they were BUGGERED).
_______________________________

Little Aths AGM tonight, I nominated and was accepted for Education & Development and the On Track Coordinator, I've decided and informed the Committee that this will be my last year looking after the On Trackers.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I told my basketball club "it's going to be my last year" about 4 years in a row before giving it away - hope you can be stronger than me :-)

jojo said...

really...i agree with andrew..ive told people before its my last year and get sucked back in again