Sunday 11 May 2008

A weekend of trips to Mt Macedon & the You Yangs

Out the door this morning just after 8am, I took the boys to the local flower seller and they chose some posies etc for their mum. I dropped them there and then waited for Jo and we went to the You Yangs for a 9k run. Jo's third run back and within 100m I had to ask her to slow down as she was going way faster than I was ready for... first off we completed a 5.7km loop in 29:30, a short drink and then back along a dirt trail, approx 3.2km.

All up a good run, a comfortable pace, which worked a decent sweat and got the legs rolling over.
______________________________

No running on Saturday at Mt Macedon, but my Club had our first trip to Mt Macedon, which looked a great area, the car park is at an elevation of 1000m and was entirely covered in cloud much to the surprise and delight of my sons. The three boys ran around playing soldier games and thought it was fun to be only 50m away from me and knowing that I couldn't see them the majority of the time due to the cloud.

A few walks with the boys and a couple of parents whilst lots were running some new unknown paths. The boys were very excited to find a koala in a small bush gum tree only 1m off the ground.

A BBQ to finish off a nice afternoon.

4 comments:

jojo said...

ummmm yes you did say that in the first 100m but after that- it was me struggling to keep up with you speedy gonzales ;)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Mt Macedon is a beautiful area. Some of my work mates are talking about a bike ride up to the top. That sounds like hard work to me. Fun coming down though!

Ewen said...

That's the trouble with these fast 800m runners - they find it so difficult and painful to run slowly.

Keep those legs rolling over :)

Anonymous said...

Hey STu - ever heard of a florist.. they sell flowers..