Thursday 22 May 2008

Tready & a gym session

This morning in the gym, starting with 2k on the bike and then 2k on the treadmill, before moving over to the machines. We started with knee raises and lat pull downs, then upright rowing & shoulder press, then lunges with weights & squats on the Smith machine before moving to the mats.

On the mats we did 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 of push ups & table top crunches with no rest, then we walked a lap of the basketball court, then side leg raises and oblique crunches (15, 12, 10) and then a few laps of the court again. All up a nice set with the legs feeling very much worked and the tummy & bum crying out for help.
__________________________

A game of indoor football at lunchtime which I played about 20 minutes of, knee held up and the rest of the body too. I am aware of my knee, I have been told that the area that is slightlly uncomfortable when I push on it is the cartlidge region...
__________________________

Tonight at the track, I took three girls for their session, 3 laps, strides, 10 min of stair work and then 6x600 in 110 sec per 400 with 90 sec recovery, then 3 laps on the grass infield to cool down. Nothing for me, just coaching.

No comments: