Tuesday 28 July 2009

5x4 min efforts at the track

In the gym for 45 minutes, bike for 8 min easy, upright rowing, standing oblique lifts, shoulder press, lunges, squats, incline sit ups, forearm curls and planks.
________________

Due to popular demand I moved my Tuesday session to the track for the next couple of weeks, away from Skeleton Creek, the girls ran 5x3 min with a 2 min float and I ran (by myself) 5x4 min efforts, with a desire to hit 1k, but it was windy and cold and I wasn't able to.

Most of my reps were approx 960-70m, but I felt the floats were a lot better than other weeks, they actually were close to floats and not shuffles, especially the last 1 minute. For the final rep I decided I would run through until hitting the 1km mark (4.12), not so good, but it was very windy.

I finished off with 3 slow laps chatting with others for my cool down, run in reverse.

1 comment:

jojo said...

i can think of one of your girls who was very happy ;)