Wednesday 29 July 2009

Gym, soccer & a bit of easy track running

Doubling up sessions is normal, but this tripling is becoming a regular for me. Gym in the morning, but know I had a few things on I decided 20 minutes on the bike riding easy and then planks (1 min front, side, front side x 4) with 30 sec rest between sets was my morning session.


Indoor football at lunch, we had one reserve, 1 all at half time, but then a 'white-wash', we won 9-2 (I scored twice).


A lot of my Little Aths juniors are resting up for a few weeks, but six are continuing on helping out as a small squad to work with Lexie in her preparations for the National XC on the 29th of Aug. A few of the kids are comfortably faster with a superior endurance fitness and then a couple are of similar pace, everyone is older. Lexie arrived with the sniffles, so a small change to the session, the majority would run 400m reps with floats while Lexie & 2 others followed and pulled out at 300m and walked, we (yep I cruised in lane 2/3) continued to the 400m marker and turned and floated back , picked up Lexie and crew and then jogged to the line and off we went again, 8 reps all in 98-100 sec.

Warm up, cool down & the session of cruisy running, with 10 minutes of leg stretching.

No comments: