Thursday 9 July 2009

A few 800m reps

Tonight after a 3 lap warm up around the track, then a few drills, skipping, high knees and butt kicks before joining others and running 4x100m strides.

6x800m with some of the girls joining on the final 300m (but faster), I was happy with my times:
  • 3.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.08, 3.07 & 2.59

The last rep I ran the first lap approx 1.5 sec faster, I then concentrated on holding that pace instead of dropping off, when the girls went past me near the 200m mark I decided I would follow them, then with 100m to go I pulled wide and went past them and finished strongly, with a smile.

I then finished with four laps to cool down with David & Adrian. A nice set, 2 months ago I would not have achieved those times with that intensity. :)

2 comments:

jojo said...

yep you definitely are getting fitter. i cant get anywhere near you these days

Ewen said...

Don't listen to her. She's just buttering you up so she get's it easy at home ;)

Anyway, good session. I'd take one 800 in any of those times right now.