Thursday 2 July 2009

At the track for some 300m reps, not 400m??

In the gym this morning, back, chest and core was the order of the day but before I knew it I had been in the gym for 60 minutes, shit, better get to work... :-) Oh well the best part of the day has gone, now I have to sit at a desk!....


At the track by 4.30pm for some one on one work with one of the teenagers as I am trying to correct her stride pattern and foot placement. I jogged two laps and then demonstrated some drills and exercises.

5pm I started my warm up, 4 laps of the track followed by some gentle dynamic stretching and 4x100m strides. I decided with the strong wind and an upcoming race I changed the 400m reps to 300m reps, slightly faster but not HOT.

Myself & David did 10 reps with a 100m shuffle in between reps (2 sets of 5). I followed David but was happy with my times and how I felt, excluding the first 61sec the rest were between 62.5 & 63.2 seconds and I always felt in control, yay.

Finished off with 4 laps to cool down.

1 comment:

jojo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.