Thursday 23 October 2008

Yes yes and yes

Aging and some better diet choices, especially quantity and YES I am talking about my love affair with euro beers......

Toe joint is very much on the improve and I could have run today, but I wanted to ensure all continues onwards.


Tonight some fast & high quality 400s were the call for the evening and some block work. So the question is, how can 4x400 reps be sooooo hard, well make them only 5 sec slower than current PBs with a 5/6 min recovery, but to the groups credit, they achieved with only small hiccups. A couple of new girls to the group, I know them both; Celeste (13) has been training with my group for the past month but using Burkie as her coach, but both coach & athlete have decided that she fits my style and group and will move over to allow me to set her entire program & guidance. Monique is a 12 year old who has come from the Primary School that I have been helping their distance kids, she is a basketballer who can run 2:45 for 800 with no training.

Overall very happy with the make up of the group and a very talkative mob who were very quiet after each rep today... :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the gout stu. Glad to hear its getting better. And yes we definitely need to get together for dinner again soon, but I guess you'll be driving and not drinking???

Ewen said...

Don't visit the US pacific north-west Stu - there are boutique breweries in every town :)

jojo said...

not too talkative uh?thats because NO-ONE wanted to talk to you because you werent particularly well liked by the 3rd rep.lol

Andrew(ajh) said...

Two of my workmates suffer from gout, but believe me neither of them are anywhere near as fit and healthy as you. At least it is manageable, even if it does mean maybe giving up some things you love :-(

ads said...

It better not be that generic Heineken/Groslsch/Becks nonsense Stu or you'll get a stern talking to - Belgium's where it's at, you know that!

Drink, train, stay sane
Contrary thoughts are so inane.

There you go Stu - your blog's first lame poetry exercpt.

I'm going running.